Thursday, July 24, 2008

Country Clubin'

Last night Randy and I had the wonderful opportunity to attend a special dinner given by Randy's Company, Rastar. 4 hard working employees, and their spouses, were invited to enjoy a yummy dinner at a local Country Club. I had never been to one before- it was definitely a test of our etiquette!

We were given, at various times throughout the evening, like 4 different forks, and unused plates that were put on the table, and then removed shortly thereafter (I felt sorry for the dish washer person. There were 5 different courses I think. I tried to remember everything I picked up in my life about how to act at a table like this... no elbows on the table, napkin on your lap, butter knife diagonally on the plate, and so on. Wow.

The dinner was to honor the spouses of these 4 employees and thank them for putting up with the long hours these guys work. Randy has only been there a year, but has spend several nights till after 10pm. I guess I didn't see it a huge problem, some nights are better than others, but it seems like there are many more late nights to come. Later that evening, one of the guys Randy works closely with, came up to me and told me Randy is good at what he does and he is glad to work with him. Considering Randy is completely self taught, that was so nice to hear.

I'm grateful Randy has a good job that rewards him and I, for his hard work. Last night, the spouses were given gift cards to a local spa. Last month we were given a gift card to buy a new TV. This weekend, day passes to our local theme park, Lagoon, and dinner. Last year many prizes were given out at Lagoon, like game systems, gift cards and toys for the kids. I'm impressed with the gratitude they show us.

I wanted to share this with you all, not to brag, but to tell you all that I'm grateful for what my family and I have been blessed with. I know our Father in Heaven had a plan for us to be here in Utah, to have and be a part of the blessings that come with living here. Access to the Temples, being surrounded by wonderful charitable people who many share the same faith, good friends, cheaper prices with awseome coupons and much more. Now don't get me wrong, we are not without trials, those come more than I want, but with faith and time, we can come out on top. I also want to thank our friends and family for the all the support they have offered. If I'm terrible at keeping in touch, forgive me.... one of the many trials I have been blessed with.... dopey-ness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a great husband who goes to work and that they give you all those goodies. Nice bonus.

Danyelle Ferguson said...

Robin - Girlfriend, that is soo totally cool!!! Think your company could talk to John's company?? :)

Lianna marie Croston said...

sweet! robin goes to a spa!? and gets lots of cool things. and props to randy for hitting a gem of a job!