We have been given a wonderful abundance of fruit & veggies this year. First my sister in law gave us lots of apricots, after those were gone, a good friend gave us more. I thought I got a lot the first time! We have also had lots of corn on the cob, zuchinni: yellow & green & funny shaped ones too, tomatoes, spaghetti & butternut squashes, a giant red squash (no idea what it is). Then another good friend of ours gave us lots of plums, apples, some peppers, radishes, & tomatoes. Then we got nice big apples from our own tree! Wow! And I got more plums yesterday. They are so good!
We have made many things with all we have been given. From breads to jams, and flavored pancakes to homemade poptarts. Its been fun learning to make all the stuff too.
Today I am reminded that through the many trails we all face, it is good to focus on the blessings. I am grateful for the blessings God has given my family. To have fresh fruit & veggies to eat and store for the winter season. I'm also grateful for the friends and family we have that share with us their blessings.
Here are a few pictures of all my boys- shucking corn :) They actually had a lot of fun doing it.



2 comments:
Yummy food! I've been looking for peaches to scald, the bag & freeze. I think it may be too close to the end of the season though. Nuts. At least you got some good stuff!!!
How fun to see all of you. I can't believe how big your boys are getting! What a great family!
Post a Comment