Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!

We had a wonderful Christmas and wanted to share some stories and pictures with you.

Every year we make traditional cookies. We made Sesame Cookies, Biscotti, Walnut Balls & The never changing cream cheese cut out cookies...


The kids love the freedom of making them how they like- even if thier lips turn red & green from all the sprinkles.


And of course we ate them for breakfast Christmas morning



We had a nice party at Mike & Suzanne's house.


Braden & Caitlin

Me, Suzanne & Baby Girl Thomas

As some of you know, we eat a late on Christmas Eve- 11pm shellfish dinner. It's a tradition that I love and I look forward to each year. It's probably more about the spirit of it all, but its special to me, and I hope my children will pull some things from it for thier families.


Fried Squid, Crab Legs, Conch Meat, Shrimp, Linguini and w/garlic & olive oil. YUMMY!

After dinner, at 12 am, we gather around the tree and place the Baby Jesus (who has been kept from the manger this whole time) in his bed. This symbolizes the actual birth and helps the children grasp what we are celebrating. We then read a story of the birth and sing a reverent happy birthday to him. This year Austin got to put Him in the manger and it was a sweet thing to watch. Tears of love filled my eyes as we shared what we love most about Jesus. Jesus is special to me and I am so grateful for what I know and have. My family, my religion, my friends and this time of year.

We had a very beautiful white Christmas

Christmas morning was great. Full of fun and more fun!

Santa left us a mess!

Trout was looking for Presents

Jacob & Lianna waiting to get into the gifts

Evan couldn't wait to see what he had gotten

Austin was suprised to find the wallet he saw at the DI from Santa

LaVee spent Christmas with us again this year. I think she had a good time.

Jacob & his new remote truck

Lookin Pretty in Fuzzy Blue

Evan got his own "Wii"

Randy & mackrel sharing the Christmas Joy

Christmas Kisses!

I think there was a black hole under the tree.

Will someone let the cat out of the box?!

Randy & I got a Wii Fit and we were very excited!

College girls love money!

Christmas Sisters!


It has been a wonderful year, and this Christmas was a wonderful way to end it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: