So in no particular order here's some pics of our weekend...
Bumbos hold bums AND heads! They make good helmets!
Evan is enjoying his "dippy eggs". this term was adopted after my friend Danyelle and her family stayed at our home.
Suzanne and Caitlin chillin after breakfast :)
Per Suzanne's request, here is a proof that Uncle Mike CAN do the dishes!
Everyone Seepin' in the tent :)
Michael had a bit too much fun the last day of camp. He was burning anything I would let him... it would have been the whole camp if I didn't stop him!
Here we find Uncle Mike sleeping in the car with the heat on! The morning before, I found him AND Suzanne AND McKell in the car. The dripping tailpipes gave away the heater being on. Way to camp guys!
Uncle Mike very much enjoyed the fire thing too. He learned how to build one and got pretty good at it too! This one had Aunt Suzanne pretty worried pine cones would be flyin'
So for some reason I always get pictures of me with plainly stupid looks on my face. Although this one is posed, they often look like this and Aunt Suzanne was laughing pretty hard.
k... Mike we knew you had something against the Marshmallow Puff Man!
Pigs in a blanket a hit! The greasy hot dogs didn't settle well with some of us... Tum Ta Tum Tum TUMS! I want to say here that we had a lot of fun cooking. We did the majority of our cooking on the fire. We made eggs, pancakes, baked oranges, smores, peach cobbler, baked potatoes, chicken cabobs, and more. I was happy to teach my kids this skill this year. Eventhough, it was a bit challenging at times, I know they really enjoyed it. Cooking on a fire seems to make the camping experience more genuine.
Jacob really likes McKell. He really takes a liking to babies... especially girls. I think he will be a good big brother again. I love this about Jacob- he is very caring and sensitive.
Our campsite comes with a good story. We get to the site and within the hour it gets very dark. So here we are trying to set up camp and it's dark. Both families have tents that we have never used- so we have no clue how to put them together. Before long it is looking like Mike & Suzanne's tent isn't happening, so we work hard to get our up cause they will probably have to sleep in ours. Good thing my friend accidentally gave us a bigger tent than we asked for. Mike & Suzanne borrowed a boy scout tent that is supposed to be tension set, but it doesn't look at all like it has the right parts, and after much attempting, we move to dinner. After dinner, we clean up and head to bed. They have an air mattress to sleep on and all we have to do is use our pump to fill it... right?... nope. Apparently our universal pump doesn't even work for its own brand of air mattress. So they try for 2 hours!... yup 2 hours! to fill their air mattress only to find they are still sleeping on the ground and they take the bed and literally chuck it out the door. Let's just say we wound up going to get them a new one the next day and found that didn't work either. A rough start to thier first tent camping trip. Mike's first ever! They did figure out their tent the second day, after Suzanne had this major lightbulb go on in her head. I still don't understand how the thing stays up- but it did and it was strong. One day I will figure it out. Suzanne's brother said, when we asked him on the phone how it works, "it's a miracle".
Randy likes this pose :)
I love this pic of Suzanne and McKell. Pretty Campin girls :)
Somehow Caitlin didn't make it in this picture but all the kids were trading for what they liked in the trail mix.
Here's Caitlin chillin' with her trail mix.
See brothers CAN be nice and so maybe there IS hope for my kids!
I wish the kids were always as good as the appear in this picture.
I made these cool mess kit bags to hold our mess kits and utensils. They helped keep everything together and helped the kids to feel independent. They washed their own dishes too!I didn't think to take a picture of him, but we made a friend at camp. His name was Chuckie. He was a chipmunk. He wasn't afraid of us at all. He would come and hang out with us lookin for food. This morning before we left he came up to my shoe, put his paws on it and looked at me and ran. I must have looked scary!
Some awesome scenery in the canyonOn the third day, Michael took Evan and Caitlin on a "walk". We thought they would be back in 15 min, but when and hour went by, we sent Randy and Mike to go find them. Suzanne and I were pretty worried. Im glad Im not normally a worrier cause that was a horrible feeling. Anyway- they had gone on a hike. Along thier way- they crossed a log bridge and saw a moose! Evan was very excited about it.
More pretty mountains



No comments:
Post a Comment