Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Saving you money!!!

I wanted to post a quick note as I know many are in need of cutting back their spending. I came across this cool page on a parenting site, and thought I would share it.

CLICK HERE ---> 101 Ways To Bail Out Your Family Budget

I've been using coupons for years, but within the last 2 years, I've really learned a lot and saved a lot of money. I know location can hinder your ability to use coupons, but no matter where you are, coupons can be used. All you need is a good eye, and maybe an hour a week to prepare.

Coupons are available in your local papers (sometimes not in obvious places), online (easily printable), in stores, through manufatures, and yes even on eBay! Once you begin to use them, you will be amazed at what you can do. One of the key things is knowing the store policies for accepting coupons. Often you will get a cashier that will say- "we don't take those" or "you can't use that many"... I've heard what seems like everything from them, but if you know the store policy well, you can get your deals.

Price matching is a great way to save too! Did you know Walmarts coorporate policy is to match ANY advertised price of the same item? They even match produce and meats! This can be a great help when you don't have to waste gas by driving to 6 different stores to get your deals. I go to Walmart every Monday or Tuesday night and I bring my ads and buy everything I need in one place. I spend less time, less gas, and less money.

If you spend time looking through flyers, and matching up your coupons with the sales is a terrific way to save. Did you know you can combine a store coupon with a manufacture coupon?! This can often result in a free item or even an overage that can be applied to other items. Nothing beats when a store pays you to buy their items!

Along the right side of my blog are a list of coupon sites I use to collect my coupons (updated regularly). Feel free to use em. Some of them you need to register for and some you don't. If your nervous about registering, just open a separate email account just for junk mail or coupons. That is how I do mine. Register also with manufactures- you often get email or snail mail coupons. Calling the companies can often get you a good deal too. I know diaper companies and baby food companies let you call once a month for coupons.

Questions or comments for me... I'd love to hear 'em!

2 comments:

Lianna marie Croston said...

i am going to become coupon savvy by this fall. after all i am learning from the best

The Andrew Family said...

These are great! I'll stop back in before I go shopping again!