First: I want to eat better. I want to choose smaller portions and choose better more fresh foods. We don't eat terrible to begin with, but I know there are places I could choose better. Now don't get me wrong- if I see something yummy- I will eat it, just less.... a lot less... of it. I learned on a talk show yesterday that I eat cause I like the immediate satisfaction. I love how food tastes, and most often I'm not even hurgry when I eat. So I have program myself for change. I have to change my environment- if it isn't here I am less likely to eat it. And since I am so lazy- I'm not likely to go buy it either. I just have to make better choices on what I bring into my house, which is hard cause I have three boys that could stand to gain several pounds.
Second: I want to be in better shape. Randy and I got a Wii Fit for Christmas. If you don't know, it goes with the newest nintendo system. It is a fitness board that you stand on. There are lots of fun games, yoga and strength training that help you track your weight, your body fat, your posture and much more. You can set yourself a routine to do on a daily basis, and in time you can loose weight and feel better about you. So I want to use it for 30min each day. I also plan to use my Tredmill to walk at least 3 times a week. Considering I usually don't excersize in any way shape or form, I think this will be a good start. I want to simply feel better.
Third: I want to be a better person. I want to be a better wife, mother, friend and Child of God. There are so many things I can do to be better, but I know trying to attack them all at once will result in failure. So I plan to simply be more mindful of my actions. Little things like to call or write friends on their birthday, to be more patient with my kids, to take time for me, to do nice things for my hubby, and pray more. It is the little things that make me feel good about me, and that is what I need.
I know New Years Resolutions aren't everyones cup of cocoa, but I thrive most when I feel like I have a new start. Monday is my favorite day of the week, cause I get a new start. Crazy- I know- but that's me.
So here's to the new year- however you set your life goals.
Let's do it! Happy New Year!



5 comments:
ugh! i wanted to read this before i left for school... it's longer than your usual. i'll read it when i get home... scratch that. i'll read it tonight, look for my reply tomorrow. love you!
Robin - Those are excellent goals! Good luck, I know you can do it!
My goals - I want to get back into my exercise routine and eating better. With all the stress and changes in my routine since fall, I've gained some weight I now want to get rid of. :)
I want to finish another novel this year & find a publisher for my first book. Hopefully it will hit the book stands sometime in 2009, but I don't have control over that. I want to improve my writing skills.
Like you, I want to be a better mom, wife, and daughter of God. I want my kids to think of me as a loving and fun mom, my hubby to think of me as supportive and his sweetheart, and my friends to know they are loved and appreciated.
yay robin for setting pleasant goals! haha. first off, who doesn't resolve to loose weight each year?? i hope the two of us can work on that. and really it's those little things with friends and family that really add up...
so it seems that i have time to read this thing a few times over cause i forgot that i have an hour between each class today and "master" Morris let us out 45min early! i'll call later... then again you probably arent online so you probably wont see this... *sigh* oh to the irony ~
Great goals, Princess. You can do it. I'll support you with (and I'll likely benefit from) your goals too.
Thank you for being my sweetheart and always loving us boys.
those are excellent goals!
I think the Wii Fit looks fun. If you wanna see something funny, though, there's this hilarious mock commercial for it on You Tube.
Post a Comment